Saturday, January 18, 2014

Precious Books





Lady with a Fur- El Greco

Hi my lovelies! Here we meet once again for long discussions. It is winter and I have been crazy occupied with where life takes me. I still have time to drink tea and peacefully dream about traveling all over. sigh. I have not forgotten you! Here I am! I wish to share with you some books I have gotten that I wish to read this year!
 Right now I have been reading An Autobiography of a Face by Lucy Grealy and oh my it is a beautiful story. Lucy tells her story of having a distorted face because of cancer. She tells us the number of emotions she feels such as confusion, anger and the blame she puts on herself as she grows up from a child to a young adult.

             


      


100 Years of Fashion by Cally Blackman: Aaaaah, how I adore this pretty book. It is a wonderful photo book that documents the history of fashion. The book shows how fashion changed from restrictive uniformity to women being able to be free with there fashion. This book shows the high society of fashion to the street wear of every women. Curiosity: Art and Pleasures of Knowing by Brian Dillon and Marina Warner: I am in love with this book. It combines the wonders of science and creativity together into the world of curiosity. Inside are beautiful images of objects and talks of anthropology. It is a well thought out book with knowledge and narratives. I recommend this for the curious and the wonderful.1Q84 by Haruki Murakami: I truly love this author's writing. Murakami's writing makes me feel wonderful things. The novel centers around a young women named Aomame, meaning green peas. Aomame sits in a cab paused in traffic when suddenly she decides to leave the cab and climb an emergency ladder leading her into another world.                                                     Thank you for reading everyone. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment